10 Surprising Benefits of Farming


When I moved to the countryside, I started to become a farmer. And here are the surprising benefits of farming that I have experienced.

1. Farming Inspires Us More

Farming gives me a lot of inspiration for writing and reflecting, as it allows me to be close to nature and escape the unnecessary noise of life, such as loud honking, bustling crowds, and parties.

2. Farming Gives Us Time

Farming provides me with the freedom to write posts like this on Facebook and connect with others who share the same interests.

3. Better Health Through Farming

Farming helps me limit my purchases of unknown food sources from the market, breathe fresh air, and improve my health.

4. Farming is Time Mastery

Farming allows me to "steal" time for myself to do other little things that wouldn’t be possible in an office or in time-restricted jobs.

5. Farming Has No Deadlines

Farming doesn’t force me to meet end-of-month deadlines or worry about having three meals a day... I just need to be aware of the rain during the midday drying of rice.

6. Farming Helps Us Avoid Little Hassles

Farming helps me not to think about what to wear today, as everything I wear is going to be dirty and unattractive anyway.

7. Farming While Having Fun?

Farming allows me to work while listening to a good video or podcast. If the podcast is really good, I can just lie back and listen without needing to work.

8. Provides Expansive Space

Farming gives me a vast, endless space. Whenever I feel stressed, I can run out into the garden, take a deep breath, and all my stress will fade away like bubbles. It feels so comfortable and pleasant.

9. Farming Slows Down Life

Farming helps me slow down, forcing me to reflect more since I no longer have much time to live someone else’s life.

10. Farming Nurtures Other Passions

Farming gives me the freedom and comfort to pursue other small passions, such as filming garden clips, sharing experiences, and inspiring others who want to get into agriculture (a job that is often unappreciated).

And so many more... Farming might seem like it would be the end of life or that personal development would come to a halt. As our parents often say, “If you’re not good at studying, you’ll only be left with the option of shoveling cow dung.” But no...

>>>Stay tuned for the Rural Life section!

Comments